Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life

"Life isn't fair" I've told myself this many times... I suppose it was my attempt to cauterize my bleeding pride and "American" sense of "rights" when denied or stripped of something I wanted, expected, or even needed. 
I have to wonder if my meter of "fair" is based on all the blessings that I have already received up to a certain point. little or abundant, I have been given enough -including my very life- to be grateful for... and that's just for starters. I live in a place and time where I can choose to put myself "out-of-my-comfort-zone." I live in place where I truly can replace all the physical necessities of life and there are always people to meet and things to learn. 

Some times I just need to be reminded of these facts... especially when self-pity or petty irritations threaten my attitude and interactions with other people or my even my relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment