Monday, April 11, 2011

Things I've Learned

Being a military wife for just a little over a year has taught me a few things. These things have become vital in my survival and growth while separated from my husband.
~Get plugged into something Bible related, weekly in addition to church.
~Get the girls plugged into something weekly, too, especially involving other children.
~Have a daily devotional handy and kept in the same place.
~Walk at least 30 minutes a day with the girls.
~Prevent unplanned lazy days with pre-planning.
~Fill my mind with Philippians 4:8-9 (don't just let things "happen").
~Sick days are inevitable: Plan ahead.
(and here are a few for when we are all together)
~Date night is essential: spare no expense to keep it even if it's simple.
~Plan Sundays (prepare) the day before.

for Always
Protect, like my marriage, this growing love affair with the Creator of my being. Enjoy life 'cause He loves me & obey 'cause it brings Him joy.

My Gift to Him
My life -with all it's possibilities:
I do.
I promise to love and cherish,
Forsaking all others, do pledge myself
Body, Soul, and Mind to be
Your bride both now in this life
and into eternity.
In sickness and in health,
For richer or poorer,
in doubt and fear,
in pain and pleasure,
I will put my trust and hope
in Him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment