Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yes, Yet Another Blog

To anyone who chooses to follow this blog, a warning. I am terrible at keeping these things up consistently. I looked at the last time I updated my most recent one and it was almost a year ago.
I'm not going to try and figure out why, but in any case, I've been learning so much about life and Christ and values and marriage and parenting that I want to store them somewhere. I'm tired of trying to find the last notepad/notebook that I wrote in or if it fits with the "theme" of said book or blog. This will be the "catch all" for my sermon notes, lessons learned, values discovered, developing theology, mental questions, emotional tirades, paradigm shifts, and epiphanies.
I collected rocks and minerals as a child.  As an adult, I've started to fall in love with jewels -sapphires, rubies, emeralds, and my favorite even as a child: amethysts. I also accepted Christ as my savior as a child and formed a relationship with Him as a teen. As an adult, I'm starting to realize the practical sides to all the things I was taught -even in college. So, the raw material of the Bible has been placed in my heart like a hidden precious stone. Here are my discoveries and revelations of how those truths will clean and shape me, like a jeweler crafting a diamond or precious stone "in the rough." The finished product(s) will be refined through heaven's fire and presented to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords at the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment